The RSPCA Lincolnshire Mid & Lincoln Branch rehabilitates and re-homes animals rescued by our Inspectors, as well as taking in animals from members of the public who can no longer care for them. The branch also promotes responsible pet ownership, by shining the spotlight on neutering and microchipping, as well as other important welfare points.
We receive no Government money or any Lottery funding so the amount of help we can provide for animals is entirely dependent on how much money is generously donated by local people, whether by donations, visiting our charity shops, attending our fundraising events or leaving a legacy.
St Mark's Church built
Branch building originally used as Church Hall and Sunday Shcool
Building gifted to the Branch
Church demolished and sold for redevelopment
Branch building receives Grade II listing status
Branch expands with second shop in the Ermine
Third shop opens in Woodhall Spa
New branding and website launched
The RSPCA Lincolnshire Mid and Lincoln St Mark’s Charity Shop and office building was originally a Church Hall and Sunday School built for St Mark’s Church in 1875. In 1920, the building was gifted to the branch by Mrs Dorothy Bergne-Coupland who was the chairman of the branch at the time. In 1991, the building received Grade II listing status.
St Mark’s Church formerly stood on the site of Tesco Express, just on the other side of the road to the Church Hall, having been built in 1872 and designed by Lincoln architect, William Watkins. The Church had a beautiful 120ft spire with a clock, seating around 350 people. The Church was demolished in 1972 and the site sold for redevelopment.
In December 2016, the branch seeking to expand their income generation undertook a lease for a shop in Lambeth House on Woodhall Drive in the Ermine. This became our second charity shop location, however closed in June 2023.
In April 2018, the branch secured a further lease on a property in Woodhall Spa, opening our third charity shop. Popular and successful, the decision was made to purchase the shop building – not only securing the branch’s position within Woodhall Spa, but ensuring the income this location brought in. Since it’s opening, the RSPCA Lincolnshire Mid and Lincoln Charity Shop in Woodhall Spa has been crowned winners of the 1940s Shop Window competition, and is highly spoken of within the locality and beyond.